Played: 121 | Download | Duration: 00:18:11
After the Triumphal Entry, we see this odd little story: a group of Greeks come to Philip and ask him if they can see Jesus.
Philip goes to Andrew, and they go to Jesus. And Jesus says...
That this world:
1. Is about His glory
2. Requires that we die to bear fruit--that fruit? Lives following Jesus
3. We must serve Him by following: doing what He did, teaching what He said
Scripture is not clear whether or not the Greeks actually saw and spoke to Jesus--I think they did.
They represent a world that still, in all of the things that go wrong, cries out "We wish to see Jesus!"
1. We wish to see great preachers--whether they are great at it, great-looking, or both.
2. We wish to see grand buildings--though we do not neglect the places God has blessed us with, nor neglect to do what is needed to have places to gather and grow
3. We wish to see glorious programs--though we come to take part in activities, they are no real comfort in death
How about you?
Have you seen Jesus?
Are you willing to hate your own life that others may see Jesus?
Are you following in the steps He took, though they lead through cold, dark mountains or on streets of gold?